Friday, July 29, 2011

A Lame Story About a Lame Nap

 I envy those that have the ability to take a nap, every so often. 

Just lie down on the couch, head propped up on a pillow,
     and within seconds . . . . . .
                                                  checked out from the world. 
Some people fall asleep every time they sit down.
I have watched people like that, and it amazes me.

Today, I was doing very little good to myself or anyone around me,
     so I thought I would "give it a go".
Like a young child who has had it, and his parents ( or those witnessing the behavior ) say,

     "Time for a NAP!",

I was telling mySELF,

     "TIME FOR A NAP!"


The air conditioning inside was uncomfortably cool, so I sat outside on the warm deck.
Though the sun was hot, and the humidity - thick, it felt quite pleasant in the shade of the umbrella. 
My dog, Charlie, accompanied me, as he is always happy to be outside,
     and more so when one of his "people" is nearby.
I sat in one chair, and propped my feet up on the other,
     put my head back against the cushion and . . . . . . there.
I think I could be comfortable enough to fall asleep.

I thought about a story on Nightline last night, about meditation.
Just pay attention to your breathing, I told myself.
So, I did.

Breathe in through my nose, breathe out.
Breathe in through my nose . . .
     there's a bug on my leg - smack!      
Breathe in through my nose, breathe out.
Breathe in through my nose . . .
     itchy nose - rub, rub, scratch!

And, then . . . . . .

Look at those dead branches up there in the tree.  Some of them will have to go.
Maybe I will work on trimming some more trees on Sunday.  Yes, Sunday should be a good day.  That one tree should be taken down.  But, I will wait until winter, when the rates are lower.  I really don't like to take trees down, though.  But, this one looks unhealthy.  And, what am I going to do about the hot water?  It's not working.  I hope it is something simple. My daughter comes home from a long summer of camp tonight, and will be looking forward to a long, hot shower.  Speaking of hot, I think it is going to be quite hot at the baseball game tonight. I need to pay my mortgage.  Look at Charlie.  He found a cool stick.
 
Let's try this again. . . . . .

Breathe in through my nose, breathe out.
Breathe in through my nose, breathe out.
Breathe in through my nose . . .
     damn bug, again!

And . . . . . .

I wonder how long I have been sitting out here?  The bathroom needs cleaning.
Charlie, stop licking me. I need to remember to open the vent in my daughter's room so that it is not stuffy.
Why hasn't that agent responded to me?  Really frustrating.  I need to come up with a plan for the Fall.  It is almost August, already.  I wonder if there was hot water when I ran the dishwasher last night.

Ok, that's enough!  It's NOT happening.   

I GIVE UP.    

I envy those that have the ability to take a nap, every so often . . . . . .  













No comments:

Post a Comment