Friday, August 20, 2010

On divorce...................

On divorce................

First of all, I HATE the word "divorce".  I do not have a sufficient replacement (for the word) at this time, but when I do, you can be sure that I will announce it to the world.

Second of all, don't expect ANYTHING, and don't let ANYTHING surprise you.  Easier said, than done, I'm aware.   

Third, you will know who the people are who believe in you, and who will stick by you.  While it hurts like hell to discover the ones who don't (especially when you thought they did), it is not worth your time to convince them that they should.

And lastly (you would be disappointed if I did not add some humor to the seriousness) .........................

Consider telling people that the reason for the "marital split" is that you have been a "closet lesbian" all of these years.  They may understand that better than telling them you were in counseling for your entire marriage, you felt sad and alone, and just couldn't do it anymore.

14 comments:

  1. The closet lesbian line sure has worked for me. Women have flocked to my side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last and "humorous" statement is an unfortunate but so true observation of society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To clarify, I'm saying that society will more readily accept something entirely counter-cultural than accept something that is merely uncommon. Seems very backwards to me, the ever-changing standards of society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. Grandparent rights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. Child custody

    ReplyDelete
  6. family law, Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. how to answer a lawsuit for debt collection in texas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tax Lawyer Perth Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. Divorce Lawyer Overland Park,

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is so much in this article that I would never have thought of on my own. Your content gives readers things to think about in an interesting way. Thank you for your clear information. washington dc car accident lawyer

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was reading your article and wondered if you had considered creating an ebook on this subject. Your writing would sell it fast. You have a lot of writing talent. Hawaii medical malpractice lawyer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information. Construction accident lawyer

    ReplyDelete