Wednesday, January 29, 2014

You May Think It's Funny, but It's Snot (and It's Frozen)!

The text came in at 4:30 a.m. :

TWO HOUR DELAY

Several hours later . . .

   "Mom, can you drive me to school?" asked Sam.  

Charlie:  Drive?  Drive?  Did someone say, "Drive"?
                 Can I go?  Can I come?
                 Please, please, PLEASE let me come!

   "Charlie, you want to come?" I asked.  

Charlie:  Yes, yes, YES I want to come!
                 Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
                 I get to go!  I get to come!

Charlie nestled into Sam's lap, in the front seat of the car,
   pressing his cold, black nose against the hard, glass surface -
his favorite spot to view the outside world.

The temperature on the car thermometer 
   read 7 degrees.

"Mom," said Sam, "Charlie's snot just froze to the window."


Wha-at?

http://monkeypickles.com/2014/01/31/you-may-think-its-funny-but-its-snot-and-its-frozen/


No comments:

Post a Comment