Wednesday, June 1, 2016

"Violets are Blue, Rosacea is Red"

One of the lovely features of getting older, 
apparently combined with my Scottish and Irish heritage 
(thank you, Great, Great, Great, Great . . . somebody), 
is that my skin has been breaking out like a teenager's. 

There is a LOVELY name for it: ROSACEA. 

Why such a lovely sounding word, 
associated with such an annoying condition??? 

Rosacea sounds likes Roses, as in . . .



"Roses are Red, Violets are Blue..."

or, 

"Everything will come out smelling like roses"

or, 

"Take time to smell the roses."


So, what IS Ros(acea)?


"A condition that causes redness and often small, 
     red, pus-filled bumps on the face." 


"Violets are blue, Rosacea is red" 



LOVELY.


And, there is no cure.

One SHOULD, however, stay away from the following (deep breath): 

red wine (and most alcohol), 
chocolate, 
avocados, bananas, and most tropical fruits, 
the sun, 
the wind, 
humidity, 
extreme heat, 
extreme cold, 
caffeine, 
exercise, 
spicy food . . . 

STRESS! 


WHAT'S LEFT? 

I'M STRESSED OUT THINKING ABOUT IT!


Sigh . . .


I suppose I could look at the bright side.


There is a French proverb,  "No rose without a thorn." 

There is a Chinese proverb,  

"A thorn defends the rose, harming only those who would steal the blossom." 

I suppose I could think of myself as a beautiful rose;  

     my rosacea, defending me. 


HA!!!

Certainly gives new meaning to the old joke, 


"Does your face hurt? Cuz it's KILLING ME!"


No comments:

Post a Comment