Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Irene 2011 Preparation Report

My dog, Charlie, is behaving in a very anxious and erratic manner. Post traumatic stress from the earthquake, or pre-hurricane jitters? Poor thing keeps barking at me, and wanting me to pick him up. 

Yesterday, I went to the grocery store, and at the risk of being stared at like I am behaving in a hysterical manner, I bought all of the items necessary to prepare for Irene:  T.P., bottled water, milk, ice, bleach, batteries, junk food, and alcohol. And, a mop. Because, I needed a mop. 

Today, I actually went to The Home Depot to buy a shovel. Did you know that "Home Depot" has a "The" in front of it? Sadly, I did not. And, sandbags. I bought sandbags. My lower level patio fills up quickly when it rains.

Then, I went to buy school supplies for my 15 year old, who starts school on Monday. Strange, shopping for school supplies and hurricane supplies in the same day. On a positive note, the hurricane is a distraction from the many stresses associated with getting one's kids ready for school.

Correction. 

My child starts school on TUESDAY. 

I just received an e-mail that they canceled school for Monday. 

My 12 year-old's soccer tournament this weekend, however, is still a "go"!

THAT could be interesting.  

Stay tuned . . . . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment