Tuesday, August 30, 2011

There's a Giraffe in my Car !

I had a dream.

I had a dream that I was driving around town in a red, mini Cooper.  

And, there was a young giraffe sitting in the back seat;
     his long neck and head extending out of the sun roof, 
up toward the periwinkle sky.  


  





Though I can hear my father saying,

     "It's just a dream",

this one definitely caught my attention,
     so I asked my trusted Facebook friends what they thought. 


          "You really know how to party?"

                    "You have a lot of tall friends that like to party!"

               AND, my personal favorite -

     "You really stick your neck out for people...in fashion!!!"

While that was fun, and made me evaluate how much my friends and I like to "party", 
    I decided to do some research. 



Who’s driving?  



"Who is actually at the wheel in your dream? 

This often indicates who or what is controlling your ego or conscious mind. 

               Is it you?  

Then you are probably making conscious decisions about your life."

       ( http://thedreamwell.wordpress.com/2008/08/18/dream-symbols-driving-the-car/ )



That is GOOD. 


But, what about the giraffe?

  

To see a giraffe in your dream, suggests that you need to consider the overall picture. 
Take a broader view on your life and where it is headed. 
The dream may serve to indicate how you are "sticking your neck out" for someone.
                                                                                                                          (www.dreammoods.com)

Okay.  

But, what about the color RED ? 


  Red

Red is an indication of raw energy, force, vigor, intense passion, aggression, power, courage, impulsiveness and passion. 
                                                                                                                                              (www.dreammoods.com)

So, what does it all MEAN?

I am driving the car, which means I am in control.

As a MOM, I am always sticking my neck out for my kids.

As a DIVORCED mom,

I am forced to "take a broader view of life and where it is headed".   

As for the color red?

It could mean any of the above mentioned words,

OR
                                                      
     the fact that I have nothing RED in my closet 

to wear to my son's Red Hawk soccer games.  

SHAME ON ME.   

As for the mini cooper? 

I have always wanted to drive one. 

And, though I have always liked giraffes, 

I would prefer not to have one in the back seat of my car. 

  














1 comment:

  1. Interesting interpretation. Fortunately, I don't remember many of my dreams anymore so I don't have to wonder.

    ReplyDelete