Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Wrong Room


I was attending the senior/parent college night
     at my daughter's high school, trying VERY hard (after a very long day and an early rise)
to pay attention to all of the detailed information thrown at us by the three
well-intentioned college advisors,
     when I realized that I was in the wrong room. 

     "I know we are all Type "A" personalities," (one of them said),
                 "and, we want as much information as we can get,
                                                   in order to feel like we are in control."

Control?

There are people in this world who are under the illusion that they are in control?


     "Excuse me?" I said (on the inside of my head),
                 "Where is the meeting for Type "B" personalities?


















No comments:

Post a Comment