Thursday, December 23, 2010

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Wow.

Can it be THURSDAY . . . ALREADY?  

I have so much to write about, but I have had very little time, lately.

All the SHOPPING, WRAPPING, DECORATING,
     RUSHING, and WAITING . . .

'Tis the season.    

As we speak, I am frantically searching for a dessert recipe
     to bring to a dinner party. 

Okay, wait.

That sounds so formal. 

Dinner.  With friends.

Better.     

I am not a "baker".

I like to cook, but baking takes way too much planning and patience.

I like to find recipes that require only a few ingredients.

This usually involves a little help from my local bakery.

Combine this with a few additional ingredients (to give it my own "flair"),
     and the result is . . .
                          what is the French saying?

Je ne sais quoi.

Something that cannot be adequately described.

Oui.

Anyways . . .

     I'd better get "baking".

Even the simplest desserts takes time.


No comments:

Post a Comment