Thursday, February 3, 2011

Speechless

Here it is, Thursday,
     and I haven't written anything substantial since last..........................Thursday.

And, it is not because of the lack of writing material.

Quite the opposite, really. 

I recently spent four days at a conference in New York City
      for SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators).

I am still in awe of the amount of talented writers and artists that filled that room,
     in that hotel. 

In fact, I am .............................speechless. 

The conference, alone, was amazing. 

Did I mention that it was in New York City?
 
Authors, illustrators, actors, actresses, comedians, musicians, shows (both on and off the stage), interesting people, interesting sights, food, food, food, the subway, taxi rides, the subway, tall buildings, the subway, "I think I saw a rat", lights, honking horns, sirens, snow, snirt (piles of snow with dirt), eating dinner with the mafia, man clearing snot out of nose onto pavement . . . . .
So many stories to tell!
 
 
And, quite honestly, life and a bad cold have kept me busy, since I've been home.  The stories will come, though.  Like waiting for the Subway or a New York Taxi Cab..................or a publisher to sign my book (hmmmmm),     
 
     the stories will come.....................soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment