Friday, February 25, 2011

The Friday Car

My parents are in their seventies, and have worked most of their lives.

My dad retired from his latest job less than a year ago.

He has become the full-time "house manager",  which he seems to enjoy,
     while my mom continues to teach her music lessons full time.

They own two cars, but since my dad no longer drives to work,
     they only use one.........................

except for Fridays.


The mini-van has now become "The Friday Car".

"The Friday Car" follows "The Friday Schedule",
     which is normally the same......................

every Friday.

Like a spirited horse, longing to escape the four walls of the barn,
     and explore wider pastures,
I wonder if "The Friday Car" knows when it is Friday?  





 


 










No comments:

Post a Comment