Friday, March 11, 2011

Soccer Mom

Last night,
as I sat down with 3 awesome ladies to discuss the logistics of getting our sons
from points A, B,C, D, E, and F, to points G, H, and J, 3 DAYS A WEEK, 
while, somehow, managing time for them to do homework, eat dinner,and sleep 
I realized: 
I AM A SOCCER MOM.  

My kids have been playing soccer for YEARS, so technically,
I have been a soccer mom (in denial) for YEARS.

And, when I say "in denial", it is not because I have anything against soccer.

On the contrary, it has been a very positive influence in the lives of my children,
especially, my youngest son, who is quite passionate about the sport.
I thoroughly enjoy watching him and his teammates play.

It is just that the term "Soccer Mom" seems to diminish the "Mom" definition down to just one job duty. It would be like calling an Office Manager a Pencil Provider,
or a Day Care Provider a Babysitter, or a . . . well, you get the point.  

After realizing, however, that it takes a 3 hour meeting (and a few alcoholic beverages),
and 4 people to figure out and organize 3 nights of soccer practices to drive 6 boys to and from practice,for a total of 6 hours a week, NOT TO MENTION the weekend soccer games and tournaments,WHILE ALSO managing the activities of the other children in the household,
managing "the household", and maintaining the general sanity of the family unit . . .

< DEEP BREATH >

I have officially become . . .

A SOCCER MOM. 





 










No comments:

Post a Comment