Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bra Shopping

For the men who read my blog, please excuse me for a moment,
     while I discuss something that only applies to women.

Well..........................mostly women. 

I BOUGHT A BRA ONLINE AND IT FITS!!!!!

Yes.

It's true.

I, like most women I know, HATE to go bra shopping.

Several years ago,
after watching an Oprah show that revolutionized the way that women shopped for bras
(or, at least, made us realize that we were, apparently, all wearing the wrong bra size),
I found a "bra boutique" that specialized in bras,
and though I paid WAY too much (in my opinion) for a glamorized piece of elastic,
it was worth it to me to have ONE PLACE that I knew I could count on
for elastic that fit properly.

I, also, discovered miracle panties at this boutique.
"One Size Fits All", they insisted.
You may be familiar with the brand, Hanky Pankies.
Difficult to believe that any panties could be "one size fits all",
but when Kelly Rippa from Regis and Kelly (who is a size 00) admitted to wearing them,
I became a believer.
I am quite certain that Kelly Rippa (size 00),
and I (NOT a size 00) do NOT wear the same size "anything".

Except for Hanky Pankies.  

Like I said, "MIRACLE PANTIES".  

Anyways.......................

Was it possible?

A place where I could buy bras AND panties (that FIT) ??????????????


Well, like all things that are too good to be true, guess what happened.

They, apparently, became too big for their britches (or brassieres),
so they "enhanced" their size (taking over the vacant space next door). 
A few years later, however,
their size became too much weight for them to bear (as apposed to "bare"), 
and they were forced to make "cuts", which eventually led to a major "reduction".

All that was left behind was a sign on the door that read, "Vacant".     

I have never had a problem with mine being "too big".

Quite the opposite, actually.  

Anyhow.............................

Back to square one for a place to buy bras and panties.

I held onto the ones that I had for as long as I could.

Unfortunately, I own a dog.

Need I say more?

You dog owners know what I am talking about.
Especially, FEMALE dog owners.   

 (Please don't take that personal.)

 MOST dogs like to eat, well, lots of things, including...............................panties.

Disgusting, I know, but it is the truth.  

So, after destroying several pair ..........................

(by the way, I am not quite sure why they call it a "pair" or "pairs" of underwear, when,
     as far as I know, people only wear one at a time),

.........................I went to the internet for help.

I stumbled upon a website called BareNecessities.com.

No taxes.

No shipping charges.

And, their Hanky Pankies were several dollars cheaper than where I bought them before.
Even more so, if you bought them in packs of five.................. which I did.

I placed my order, and within four days, they were delivered to my doorstep,
along with a coupon for 10% off of my next purchase.  

I was quite impressed.

So impressed, in fact, that I used my coupon less than a month later.

Yes.  I ordered a bra.

BIG RISK, I know, without trying it on.

Made by SPANX (a well known, reputable brand), the description read

"Bra-llelujah!, 

and 

"As seen on Good Morning America"

I am a big fan of Good Morning America.  How could I go wrong?

I took the leap and ordered the bra, trying not to get my hopes up,
despite the amazing marketing ploy.  

I placed the order last Friday, and my package came in today.

The first thing I did was try on the bra, and............................. 

BRA-LLELUJAH! 

IT FIT!

My new favorite bra boutique is now just a few taps on the keyboard away,

     which makes buying a piece of glamorized elastic........................a snap!






www.bareneccesities.com


































No comments:

Post a Comment