Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Flintstones, The Beatles, and A Day in My Life

You know the song. 
Feel free to sing along, then stick around for MY version !

A Day in the Life  ( Lennon/McCartney )

"Woke up, fell out of bed,
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup,
And looking up I noticed I was late.
Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke,
Somebody spoke and I went into a dream

I read the news today oh boy
Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall."

I'd love to turn you on
http://beatleslyrics.tripod.com/67-70.htm#06

MY version . . . .

 
A Day in My Life  ( Wynn )


(Alarm) woke me up (too early), got out of bed
Pat my hand across (my son's) head ("Time to get up!" I said.)
Found my way downstairs, woke up my daughter, too.
Said, " Look at the clock." and  "Don't be late."

Fed the dog, and let him out.   
Made breakfast (and lunch) in seconds flat
Found my way over to my coffee cup,
Somebody spoke.............my youngest son is up. 


( This is the part where I am humming,
               and dancing around the room
         in a hippy-like fashion )  


I (read) the news (online) today.
Four thousand reasons not to leave the house.
But there is good news, after all
The Flintstones celebrate
                                                       
Happy fif -tieth "Have a yabba doo time", Bedrock fa-mi-LEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'd LoOOve toOOO TuUUUUUUUrn YoUUUUUUu oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 


No comments:

Post a Comment