Friday, September 3, 2010

"I Am A Gypsy!"

Today was one of those days when I had an overflow of thoughts and ideas.  Some days, it amazes me, how many there are.  There is not enough time in the day, week, month, year - to follow through with them all., but I am working on trying to (at least) follow through with SOME of them. 

Having this blog helps me. 

To give you an example:

       In my fifteen minute shower ALONE today, I came up with the idea to give to a charitable organization for every person who becomes a follower on my blog, learn as much as I can from my former photography teacher/employer about studio photography (any willing subjects are welcome), buy a beach house and start a business as a cage-free dog boarding facility in the Outer Banks, NC, start a business called "Becoming Me Photography" and start out by coming to people's homes and taking photos for their holiday photo cards, and last, but not least, it came to me -
                                                                                            THE CHARACTER I CAN MOST RELATE TO IN A MOVIE I HAVE SEEN IS ................... (drum roll)..........................................Juliette Binoche's character, Vianne Rocher,  in "Chocolat". 

And it has nothing to do with the fact that Johnny Depp was in it (although, it does not hurt - at least, I don't THINK it does).

Moving along......................

It is because I see so much of myself in her.

Feeling like the outcast. 

Not understanding the reasons for the rules, or why people behave the way that they do, and being strong enough to stay true to my own feelings, despite what other people might say or think.   

Feeling quite vulnerable, yet, at the same time, having extreme faith in myself.    

Vianne is a Gypsy, and though, many of the definitions refer to Gypsies as being originally from India, moving from place to place (job to job)....................

 and though, I have lived in the same area my entire life...................

 the part that I can relate to the most is the "unconventional lifestyle".

A Gypsy does not conform to someone else's lifestyle simply because that's the way that everyone else  lives.  On the contrary, I think that a Gypsy would question............."why?"       

I am such a Gypsy.  I really am!  I am a Gypsy, at heart.

My Dad once said to me, "It must be difficult being you, sometimes," and he would be right. 

The reason is because I see everything the way that everyone sees it.  I feel everything the way that everyone feels it.  I look at every angle..................every perspective.   

That can be exhausting, at times, but also, extremely rewarding. 

It can be draining, yet also, empowering.     

And in the end, I do what I believe is the right thing to do.  Even if it goes against what EVERYONE else believes in. 

A Gypsy must always stay true to herself. 

I am a Gypsy! 

................and a photographer, future beach home owner, dog boarding facility owner, and philanthropist.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with the Gypsy mentality. I just changed my religious belief setting on Facebook and perhaps you can relate to it, not only in a religious context, but in a world view.
    "I would rather have my mind opened by wonder than closed by belief"

    ReplyDelete