Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 25, 2011

April 25, 2011

After several months of looking, one failed contract,
     and several hours (covering two days, including one holiday) of negotiating,
I put a contract on a house . . . . . and it was accepted. 

I am not celebrating YET, as I still have to process all of my paperwork for the loan,
      as well as witness the home inspection,
and though there is no reason to think that there will be any hiccups along the way,
I am the type of person who does not get excited about something until all of the obstacles are out of the way. 

For instance, I do not get excited about going on vacation
     until I am actually in the drivers seat of my car,
watching the stress and responsibilities of my life disappear in the rear view mirror. 

So, though there are people in my life who are already making plans for my new house,
     I will not feel that it is MINE until I have signed the settlement papers,
and am sitting on my couch in my new living room.

Until then, I think I will remain in a state of "numbness".

Not that this is new information to anyone, but buying a house is quite stressful and expensive.

I think I will have a seat on my couch in my current living room

                                              . . . . . . and poor myself a stiff drink.    

 






No comments:

Post a Comment