Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Left Thumb

I don't know what I was doing when it happened.   

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Something normal, like washing the breakfast dishes, or making someone's lunch.

The shooting pain came out of nowhere - enough to make me stop what I was doing and take notice.

     "OW!" I said. "WHAT was THAT?!"

The pain went away, as quickly as it came. 

But, then it came back.

I never realized how much I use my left thumb.

I discovered that if I kept it attached to my left pointer finger
     (with invisible tape ),
I was less likely to cause the pain to reappear.


What could have caused this?




There was no pain when I went to bed, the night before.


Did I sleep on it funny?  

I recently heard a story on television about a guy who dreamed
     that he dove into the water without using his arms. 

He woke up on the floor with a sprained neck.

Maybe I dove into the shallow end . . . . . .

and landed on my thumb.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment