Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rain - The Indoor Carwash ( When You Leave the Sun Roof Open )

Yesterday, after an interrupted night of sleep, due to a stream of violent thunderstorms that rolled through the area,
     my morning started out with . . . . . .

     "Mom, do you know that you left your sun roof open?"

My entire demeanor immediately changed.

UGH.   

I threw on some shoes, and went outside to survey the damage. 
It wasn't as bad as I had expected.  
I think the high winds saved me from having to scoop the car out with a bucket.

I dried the front seats off with a towel, removed the water-filled cup holders,
     and dumped them out onto the pavement. 

I carefully rolled the sides of the floor mats up, creating a funnel shape that allowed the water to 
     spill out onto the driveway.

Fortunately, other than a few water-logged receipts sitting in the center console,
     I had not left anything valuable in the car. 

It was 7:00 a.m., a balmy 60 degrees, and the sun was breaking through the clouds, so
     I left the sun roof as it was, and opened the windows, to allow the interior to dry out. 

Forty-five minutes later . . . . . .

     It seems awfully dark in the house, I thought to myself.

     "Oh, shit!"

It was raining again. 

Like the movie, Goundhog's Day, I started the process all over again,
     with the exception of one thing -

This time, I closed the sun roof and windows. 

About an hour later, I noticed a text on my cell phone, from my son. 
He had sent it earlier that morning (about 7:30),
     when he was on his way to school.

It read: 

     "You might want to close the sun roof and windows.  It is raining again." 







No comments:

Post a Comment